Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Day Back In School

First Day Back In School

This is my first day going back to school after an entire month off. I have 5 classes left before I graduate with my B.A. in Psychology. I’ll be going back to school full time until the end of February, then I’ll have just one class left after that. I get to take the month of March 2011 off since I’ve already taken CD 440 Drugs, Values and Society. Then in April 2011 you guessed it, my senior project. I’ve heard they’re going to make us write a 30 page research paper. We have to get our topic approved, so I’m going to try to get it done on Teenage Drug Addiction, since I’m very familiar with that topic, having met so many people over the years with drug problems. 

In case you weren’t aware there’s a very big problem with drug abuse in Southern California in general, but in Oceanside, CA. and all over San Diego, it’s about as bad as it gets. Fortunately I’m all about helping people and choose not to use any recreational drugs, but sadly too many people these days do. We have a serious drug problem here in California and our jails are so full of people getting busted just for smoking marijuana, I think it’s about time the government legalized and regulated it. This way they would make more money and our jails wouldn’t be quite as crowded as they are now, but I guess that’s a whole different topic.

So 5:30 PM today I’ll be back in the saddle at National University. Wish me luck. This blog will not be theme oriented. I use it just to take a break from many of the Internet Marketing tasks I do on the internet and will just be writing what I want on here. I work with a partner from Madison Heights, VA Jeff West and we’ve done lots of different Internet Marketing and Network Marketing stuff over the years, and have made quite a bit of money together doing it. In fact we’re just about at full-time income again which I’m pretty stoked about, and what’s even more amazing is that we did it all through SEO. 

But now we’re making the shift into Paid Marketing methods and will be giving them an honest shot over the next 3-6 months. The failure rate in general is pretty high in paid marketing. I think part of the reason is because people just don’t have enough seed capital to get started, but that’s a smaller reason than a lot of people thing. Most people who made it big in PPC and CPV started out almost completely broke, luckily we’re not quite in that category. But I think the biggest reason people take nosedives is just because they don’t test enough or stick in the game long enough for it to pay them.

Lets hope PPC and CPV leads to the higher road of financial freedom over the next year or two for Jeff and I. I have plans to become a Mental Health Worker or to do some other similar job when I graduate from college, like being a Staff Member at a rehab facility, those are my backup plans. But my heart really is in this making money from home stuff, as I’ve had great success with it over the years and am moderately successful with it right now. 

I guess you can say I’m putting up this blog in an attempt to be completely transparent regarding how it’s going for us, and if we’re doing something that peaks your interest, you can just contact me and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction. When I was younger I always had fantasies about making billions of dollars and taking over the world, but these days I’d be stoked just to know I bring in enough net income to get all my bills paid and to be able to save some money each month after this and only working a few hours per week to do this.

Back in 1991 I was in an elite Marine Corps Paratrooper unit called 1st Anglico and did my entire 4 year tour there (I’m 41 now). I hurt my back pretty bad on a parachute jump, so I get a small pension, but not nearly enough to retire on. So my goal is to keep learning more about how free and paid traffic works until I can walk away with a net profit each month of more than I would make if I did 20 years of honorable military service. 

In fact this is where my heart and mind are set and you can say I feel I’m entitled to at least that much. One of the things I’ve learned over the last year is it’s more about working smarter than harder. Some things take forever if you try to do them all yourself. I’ve learned to outsource almost all of my SEO tasks, and it’s freed up more of my time. Jeff and I are on the verge of going full-time now, as we’re almost at $100 per day, and this income is pretty darn stable.

If you wanna get to know me, just keep reading my blog. I put this up so people like you trying to get ahead in life like myself, will have someone to relate to. I don’t believe in secrets because there are trillions of dollars out there to be made by marketers like us, and like I said before I’d be very happy with a high 5 figure income, and I know many people reading this blog feel the exact same way. I have a ton of experience in marketing and it’s all starting to come together now. It really does take time to learn all the ropes, but it’s definitely possible. Jeff and I even have a retail site called Poker Stars Direct that’s doing about 20k yearly, but it needs a major content overhaul. Once we get unique content on each page, which will cost about $8,000, the site should be doing about $100,000 per year in gross sales.

So that’s about all for starters, obviously I have a lot more to share with you than this, but we gotta start somewhere right? Overall the courses we’ve bought on the internet to teach us this stuff do teach a lot, but for some reason everything we’ve purchased so far only teaches pieces of the puzzle and don’t provide us with the full picture. Certain references are outdated, or don’t even work, and some of the real juicy stuff steps are left out so we need to figure it out on our own or just give up on it. I don’t mean give up on Internet Marketing as a whole, I just meant one specific type of task.

All I can tell you is if you keep reading this blog and learning about my life is that I’ll be completely transparent with you. The reason is that I have nothing to lose at this point and am bound determined to make a full-time income on the internet the right way, by providing value to the marketplace without hurting anyone in the process. Hopefully I didn’t leave anything else out. I have to start getting ready for school in the next few hours, but I’ll keep you updated

No comments:

Post a Comment